Vegetable Tempura Recipe
Ringo | On 18, May 2012
The Vegetable Tempura, composed of radish, carrots, bell pepper, green chilies and talbos ng kamote
Here is a recipe of mine that can trick kids to eat vegetables like carrots, bell pepper and radish without knowing that they are munching on it. This is by making crunchy vegetable like they were eating Piatos.
This is one of the invention dish that came into my mind to trick my nieces who are very picky eaters. At first, I thought they will never like it, but I got shocked when one of my nieces asked for more.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 pack of chicken breading mix – Small Ajinamoto’s Crispy Fry
- 1 cup flour
- Powdered pepper
- 5 spoon water
- 1 medium radish – cut into very thin circles
- 2 medium bell pepper – seeds removed and chopped into rectangular shapes
- 2 silinghaba or green chilies – seed removed, washed and chopped
- 1 medium carrots – peeled and thinly chopped (I used a peeler to achieve very thin slices)
- Talbos ng Kamote leaves – washed
- Cooking oil.
- 2 Large bowl
- Basin with cover
- Pan – for cooking
- Make a batter first, combine 2 spoon flour to 5 spoon water and powdered pepper. Mix well and combine it with the chopped vegetables. Make sure that you cover all the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour to the chicken breading and mix well (flour mixture).
- Put the flour mixture in the basin and spread the vegetable. Cover the basin and shake it like crazy.
- Put the basin with vegetable in freezer for 30 minutes. The cold breading will react to the very hot oil and will achieve a crunchy yet easy to chew texture.
- Separate the vegetables from each other and fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
My nieces loved the carrots and radish. Me, I loved the bell pepper, it’s like a crunchy pizza. You can also use gabi, potato and many more.