Vermicelli and Meatballs Soup is worthy. Though they require proper timing and execution, the finished product is amazing.
Sotanghon or Chinese vermicelli is thin, brittle when not cooked, and slippery when cooked. Moreover, it is also called bean threads, bean thread noodles, crystal noodles, or glass noodles.
These noodles also vary in thickness. In groceries and markets, there are Chinese Vermicelli sold that comes flat and thicker than the usual.
This easy vermicelli soup recipe will feature the ordinary ones sold in usual markets. The meatballs, on the other hand, are packed with grated vegetables for a bursting flavor.
Ingredients for Meatballs
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 1/2 of medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 of a medium potato, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Egg yolk, beaten
- 1 spoon flour
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Soup:
- 2 packs Chinese vermicelli or 8 ounce
- 7-10 pieces of Baguio beans, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bundle spring onion, chopped
- 10 cups water
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- 1 spoon salt and pepper to taste
Procedure for Meat Balls
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Form into balls and set aside.
Make the Vermicelli and Meatballs Soup
- Saute garlic until roasted then add the onion.
- Add water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Put the meatballs and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and Baguio Bans and boil for 3 minutes.
- Carefully put the Chinese Vermicelli and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add egg and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.