This Buttered Vegetables With Seared Pork Chop recipe will require a tremendous amount of patience. However, when done, it will result in a delicious meal.
Squash is one of the most adorable vegetables. It’s like a womanizer psychopath, who easily jells with others and can make someone fall in love.
The pulpy flesh of squash easily disintegrates and when it mixes with vegetables or meat, it enhances the flavor. That’s why it best in stir-fried vegetables, soup, stews, and even desserts.
Buttered Vegetables With Seared Pork Chop features a steak and vegetables covered with butter and squash sauce. It’s fabulous!
For this, we’ll use a pork chop and it’s much better if the meat is still attached to the bone.
- 1 pork chop
- 10 pieces green beans (Baguio Beans) – top and bottom removed, cut in half
- 1 large carrot – peeled, cubed
- 1 medium potato – peeled, cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes – chopped
- 2 bell peppers – seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant – chopped into circles
- 1 cup squash – chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 onion – chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Oil for searing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Sear pork chop and set aside when cooked.
- In a separate pan, boil the squash, mash and then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a very low fire.
- Saute garlic until roasted and add the onion.
- Add the tomatoes and let it simmer until some skin peel off.
- Put the carrots, bell pepper and potato and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the Baguio Beans and simmer for another minute.
- Add the eggplant and let it sear.
- Put the water and squash sauce. Then, let it simmer until the water evaporates.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pork chop.
- You can use a small amount of oil to sear the pork chop. Then, use the same oil for searing along with the butter. This will prevent the butter from burning.
- Play with the vegetables.