Chicken and molo soup is one dish that makes me happy. It’s easy to make as well.
Schadenfreude is a moment when you experience happiness or pleasure at the expense of other’s misfortune or pain.
For me, it’s ok to feel it sometimes. I also have this fair share of such moments, and it happened recently.
After enduring hours of headaches and earaches because of my neighbors’ midnight videoke, they suddenly stopped. It turned out that our barangay officials arrived to reprimand them.
However, instead of apologizing, one of them said they have a family member who is a policeman. It irked one of the officials, and the heated exchange of argument took over. One of the officials asked for the name and threatened to file a case against that person so he will lose his license.
Damn, it feels good! Kudos to that officer. I’m so happy I grabbed a bowl of Chicken and Molo Soup, which is a dish I made for our dinner.
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1/4 kilo chicken wings, chopped into small pieces
- Molo wrapper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon minced carrots
- 2 tablespoon minced potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- Chopped onion spring
- 7 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the Dumplings
- In a bowl, put the ground pork, half of the chopped onion and garlic, minced carrots, minced potatoes, egg, flour, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Cover a teaspoon of the mixture with a molo wrapper.
- Continue until finished.
Make the Chicken and Molo Soup
- In a pan, saute the remaining garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drop the dumplings and let it boil.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- Serve and enjoy.