Cordon Bleu With A Twist Recipe
Checking out some other ways to make cordon bleu? Well, here is a cordon bleu recipe with a twist.
Am I the only one who finds most of the cordon bleu dry and almost unpalatable? Well, based on experience, it’s because the chicken meat dries easily especially when flattened.
So, it’s much better if we’ll find a way to remove the pounding and then, at the same time, we will be able to flatten it.
How? Let’s use a ground chicken breast.
Read: Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Since the ground chicken breast is already flexible, flattening it will be an easier task. Also, by adding onions and garlic, we’ll add flavor and moisture, thus, preventing the whole cordon bleu from drying out.
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast
- 1 medium onion – peeled
- 5 cloves garlic – peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pieces sweet ham – sliced into strips
- Eden cheese – sliced into sticks
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Debone the chicken breast.
- Using a food processor combine chicken breast, onion, garlic, egg, flour, salt, and pepper. Blend until a dough-like mixture appears.
- Make a layer of the mixture and lay the cheese and ham, and roll until fully covered. Repeat until finished.
- Roll into bread crumbs and fry over a medium fire until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you don’t like deboning the chicken breast, you can ask your seller. They are very much willing to do it for you.
- To make it healthier, you can add some more fruits and vegetables like potatoes, carrots, turnips, apples, and pears.
- Though, it won’t easily dry out this cordon bleu with a twist should be eaten immediately.