Soy sauce and chili sauce are some of the famous sauces that are often used in cooking. With these, one can easily make delicious recipes that are generally gluten-free. Want to taste some sumptuous recipes using soy sauce and chili sauce?
Here are dishes made using soy sauce and chili sauce:
Beef Lo Mein
This is one of the delicious recipes that most people can try out for them or guests.
- 8 ounces of spaghetti or lo mein noodles
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 11/2 chilled flank steak
- Two big-sized garlic cloves
- Two tablespoons and one teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces snow peas
- Three thinly sliced scallions,
- One medium-sized red bell pepper
- Cook the noodles in a pot containing boiled water. While boiling the water, follow the directions on the package. Drain the noodles and rinse it with cold water, and set it aside.
- In the meantime, take a medium-sized bowl and whisk soy sauce, honey, oyster sauce, and vinegar.
- Slice the beef as thin as possible, put this beef in a medium-sized bowl, and toss it with ½ tsp pepper and ½ tsp salt.
- Take a big wok and heat two tablespoons of oil over a high flame. Once the oil is well heated, add beef and cook it and continue to toss it until it is medium red. Continue to heat for 3 minutes. Once done, put it on a plate.
- The remaining oil needs to be heated over a high flame. Then, saute ginger, garlic, and scallions and stir them for at least 30 minutes. Put the bell pepper and peas, and continue to cook until the vegetables soften.
- Put the mixture of oyster sauce and add the noodles. You can use a thong to mix them together. Continue to cook until the food is coated and as the sauce starts to thicken for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef and stir to combine it with the thickened sauce.
- Lastly, transfer the cooked food to a plate with scallions around.
The next recipe is Gluten free Soy-Sauce and Citrus Marinated Chicken.
Ingredients For Chicken
- Four crushed garlic cloves
- ½ inch fresh piece of ginger
- ½ cup citrus juice combined with grapefruit, orange, or lime
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- Kosher salt
- Chicken with no backbone and made into a half
- Kosher salt
Ingredients for the Sauce
- Lemongrass stalk with removed top third
- Two scallions
- One red chili
- 4 unpeeled garlic cloves
- One ginger should be peeled and finely chopped
- Two tablespoon lime juice
- Two tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cilantro sprigs
- One pomelo
Let’s Prepare the Chicken
Take a medium bowl and combine ginger, citrus juice, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Next, place these halves of chicken in a plastic bag and pour the marinade in it. Make sure you seal the bag and press the air out. Next, put into the refrigerator and continue to chill it for 12 hours and up to 2 days.
Place the rack in the top third and preheat it to over 425 degrees Fahrenheit, take the chicken out of the bag, and get rid of the marinade. Pat dry the chicken with the help of paper towels and sprinkle salt on it to season it.
Take a baking sheet, roast the chicken using it, and continue with it until it turns deep brown and cooks it thoroughly for about 40 minutes.
Let’s Make the Sauce
Using a rolling pin, slightly crush the lemongrass stalk, followed by putting lemongrass in half a cup of water and allow it to boil in a saucepan. Then, take pan away from heat and sit for 10 minutes. Strain the infusion of lemongrass in a big measuring glass.
Put the skillet over medium to high flame and let it hit there. Then, toast chili, garlic, shallots, scallions and toss them at regular intervals until they change color and become dark brown.
Continue it for at least 8 to 10 minutes. Allow it to cool after getting rid of garlic’s skins and chop it with the scallions, shallots, and chili. Next, add chili, shallots, ginger, and scallions to the infusion of lemongrass. Now, take lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar and stir it continuously for a perfect mix.
Peel the pomelo and squeeze the juice. Put it into the sauce.
Finally, once the recipe is ready, transfer the chicken dish to a plate, add some Heinz chili sauce and top it with cilantro leaves.
Try out the dishes mentioned above or explore more gluten-free dishes today!