Fried Rice with Corn is best for our morning. It’s not hard to make and best when cooked using the leftover rice.
I’m a huge fan of Survivor USA, especially the seasons that are taped in the Philippines. I even got the chance to take a glimpse of the set of Caramoan because, during those times, I was vacationing there.
Aside from the announcement of the big winner, my much-awaited episode is the auction.
The auction is in replace of a Reward Challenge wherein the remaining contenders are given with money, which is usually $500, that they can use to bid for a certain item.
Some of the items are covered so they need to take risks.
One moment that irked me is during Survivor: Cagayan where Trish bid for a covered item for $60. She then shouted “gross” when she found out that it’s a bowl of cooked rice and water.
I’m not butthurt, but how come a staple food of many is gross? If you don’t like it then don’t eat it.
I love rice and I eat plenty of it during the morning. I will even eat more when it’s fried rice with corn.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion spring
- 1/4 cup corn
- Several small slices of pork
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the corn and mix.
- Put the pork meat and let it simmer.
- Add the soy sauce, water, sugar, salt, and pepper. Let it boil until it forms a thick sauce.
- Add the rice and onion spring then mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Make sure that the garlic is roasted. It will add flavor.
- The pork meat should be small so they’ll be covered by the liquid mixture.
- This is best cooked using low fire.