Are you looking for a meatballs recipe? Look no more because this post will teach you how to cook meatballs.
Meatballs are an all-time favorite dish of people from around the world. Though it is usually made by combining ground meat, herbs, and seasonings, each and every territory features unique culinary techniques. In fact, many countries include this dish in their historical cuisines.
In the Philippines, this is called bola-bola, which literally translates to balls. Pork is the meat commonly used in making it. They are also relatively small because parents have to budget the meal for the entire family.
How to cook meatballs? Well, here it is:
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 1 medium carrot – chopped finely
- 2 medium onion – chopped finely
- 1 medium potato – chopped finely
- 1 medium bell pepper – seeds removed and chopped finely
- 5 cloves garlic -minced well
- 1 medium singkamas (turnip) – chopped finely
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- ground pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- In a deep bowl form the ground pork into a volcano-like.
- Add all the ingredients and mix very well.
- Roll into balls and fry until cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can use a cheese grater to chop the carrot, potato, and turnip. It’s faster.
- You must cook one meatball first then adjust. In case, it’s salty, you can add vegetables or meat. Don’t add water or flour.
- This is also good for other meats like chicken and beef.