From the name itself, this simple grilled pork recipe involves minimal ingredients to highlight the flavors of the pork.
“Things start to complicate when we start not to appreciate the simple things in life,” said Pastor Kevin Odiamar of Cornerstone Ever Gotesco.
This. Hit. Me. Hard!
Now, I’m trying my best to appreciate simple things in life like the fresh morning breeze, grasses, wildflowers, children smile and many more. In return, it also prompted me to be thankful even for the smallest blessings I have. Well, also come to think of it… no matter how far we’ve been, we’ll always seek for the simplest things.
Yes, even with food. Simple grilled pork with no too much seasonings is still the best.
Here is the recipe on how to make Simple grilled pork.
This recipe involves liempo or pork belly. This is probably one of the best cut we can use for grilling because the amount of fat is enough to keep the meat from drying.
Though fresh lemon juice is preferred, you can also use calamansi juice and even vinegar. Acid is needed to tenderize the meat.
Here is the complete list of ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo pork belly (liempo)
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 cloves garlic – pounded
- ground pepper
Let’s Make Simple Grilled Pork
- Mix water, lemon juice and garlic.
- Season the pork with salt and set aside for five minutes.
- Pour the marinade to the pork, massage and let it marinate for an hour.
- Grill until cooked.
- It’s much better if you’ll cut the pork belly not too thin and not too thick. This will cook easier but will retain moisture.
- The longer the space between the grill and charcoal, the better. I also prefer it slow grilled. If your griller has a lid, it’s also much better.
- Don’t forget to comment, share, and like.