Are you looking for crispy tofu sisig recipe? Well, here’s one featuring sisig with mayonnaise and other spices.
Meatless meals are now a fad and it’s probably because of the proven and published benefits one can have with continuous having it. Plus, the tremendous efforts of chefs, food enthusiasts, and food manufacturing companies to provide the world with tasty meatless treats.
I want to be a part of the trend. So, I made crispy tofu sisig, and surprisingly my siblings love it.
Here is sisig tofu recipe:
- 1/2 kilogram tofu
- 2 medium red onions – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 bundle of onion spring – remove the bottom and chop
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- A piece of Thai pepper – chopped
- 1 tablespoon liver spread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Read: Bangus and Pork Sisig
- Chop the tofu into 1/2 and inch square. Season it with salt and pepper. Then, set aside for a few minutes.
- After the pieces of tofu absorb the seasonings, fry them until golden brown. Let the excess oil drain.
- In a pan, saute garlic and onion.
- Add the tofu and let it simmer.
- Turn the heat into very low and then add the mayonnaise and the liver spread. Mix for a few minutes.
- Turn off the stove.
- Add the onion spring and mix well.
- Add the Thai peppers and mix.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can add green chilies if you want some more heat.
- When seasoning the tofu, add more salt. In this case, when you add all the other ingredients, the dish will become blander.
- You can also adjust the amount of mayonnaise you’ll add. Just don’t forget to turn the fire to very low.
- This Tofu sisig with mayonnaise recipe is best eaten immediately. Otherwise, the tofu will absorb the mayo and will become saggy.