Are you looking for a creamy chicken and vegetable soup? Well, check out the recipe here. Try it, because it’s super worthy.
I am a huge fan of soup ever since I’m a kid. I remember grabbing a pack of soup mix and exchanging my bag of candies so my mother can buy it.
Because I can’t always buy those ready-to-cook packs of soup, I created them myself. By that time, I already know that by boiling a mixture of water and flour, you’ll get a thick concoction.
My mother taught me that boiling such mixture with chicken bones, salt, and spices will result to a sumptuous soup. Later, I experimented with ingredients. I love adding milk.
Check out the Creamy Chicken and Vegetable soup recipe.
- 4 strips chicken meat – finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot – cubed
- 1 medium-sized potato – cubed
- a bundle of spring onion
- 1 cup Malunggay leaves
- 5 tablespoon flour – diluted in a cup of water
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion – finely minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg – beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 8 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add chicken and let it sear for a few minutes.
- Add a few cups of water. Then, put it into a boil.
- Put the chicken stock and add all the water. Put into a boil.
- Add the flour mixture and continue to stir until thick.
- Add all the potatoes and carrots, put into boil.
- Put the milk and continue to stir.
- Add the Malunggay and spring onions.
- Add the egg while stirring the soup.
- The best way to make chicken stock is by boiling several pieces of chicken bones. Some sellers in the wet markets of the Philippines sell them. If it’s not available one chicken cube will do.
- Roasting the garlic will add flavorful kicks.
- The egg will add appetizing consistency and flavor.
- This creamy chicken and vegetable soup is best paired with fried foods.