Are you looking for ways to make fried chicken more lively? Well, check out this fried chicken, mashed potato and creamy sauce recipe.
I don’t want to eat fried chicken with rice alone because I found it quite plain and not worthy. I make sure that there’s always something to dip so there’s a party in my mouth. So, Every time I cook fried chicken, I make sure there’s gravy on the side.
I’ve been a fan of mash potato and I know a creamy sauce will fit it. So, here it is my own version of fried chicken with mash potato and creamy white sauce.
Ingredients for Fried Chicken
- 1 kilo chicken – chopped
- 2 packs of chicken breading
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for Mashed Potato
- 4 medium potato – peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon milk
- A pinch of powdered pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Water for boiling
Ingredients for Cream Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- a cup of water
- 1 tablespoon flour – diluted in 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion spring
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the Chicken
- Coat the chicken with breading and deep fry. Set aside.
Make the Mash Potato
- For the mashed potato boil the cubed potato until cooked. Drain well.
- Add butter, milk, and pepper. Using a fork patiently mash the potato until there’s no more lumps.
Make the Sauce
- Saute garlic (roast) and onion.
- Add the carrots and let simmer for a while.
- Add water with flour, milk, and cream. Wait until the bottom of the mixture clouds. Mix well and wait for the sauce to thicken.
- Add salt, pepper, and onion spring. Mix well.
Plate it Up
- You can serve fried chicken, mashed potato and creamy sauce separately or garnish them in one plate.
- For the chicken breading, I recommend the generic one that can be bought in the market. I actually find that branded with red packing too salty.
- When the mixture clouds while boiling, you should be quick in mixing it. Otherwise, you’ll end up with lumps.