Ginataang Hipon at Tulingan Recipe
The Ginataang Hipon at Tulingan involves cooking the seafood in coconut milk.
Quezon Province is an awesome place to unwind. Though it’s quite an expensive tourist destination, it features serene and tranquil beaches that are perfect for people who want to relax.
There we did beach-hopping. Dampalitan, Kwebang Lampas, and Cagbalete Island are some of the wonderful places we visited.
Cagbalete is our last stop, and we stayed there for two days and one night. I’m actually disappointed by the place because when the afternoon hits, the tide is low and when we say low tide, Cagbalete means it. You are like walking in kilometers of flood and it’s not fun anymore.
Read: Sinigang na Bisugo at Hipon Recipe
When we were just waiting for our boat to arrive, one local went to us and offered us his freshly-caught seafood. When we checked his basket, there are shrimps and a piece of tulingan. He’s old so we just bought all his products.
When we got back home, I cooked them with coconut milk. Here is the Ginataang Hipon at Tulingan Recipe:
- 1 kilo shrimp, cleaned
- 1/2 kilo tulingan, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pieces medium eggplant, sliced
- 2 green chilies
- 4 pieces medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 knob ginger, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan saute onion.
- Add the garlic and let it fry until aromatic.
- Put in the tomatoes and a few drops of water. Let it simmer until the skin of tomatoes peels off.
- Add the eggplant and let it simmer.
- Put the coconut milk and remaining water. Bring into a boil.
- Add the green chilies and bring into a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and tulingan. Let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let it rest.
- Serve with hot rice.
Pingback: Ginataang Hipon at Papaya Recipe - Food Citations
Pingback: Ginataang Tilapia Recipe - Food Citations