Are you looking for an easy exciting dish to spice up your weekday dinners? Why not try this well-known Thai dish on Tuesdays or Thursdays? Check out this simple Pad Thai Recipe!
But what exactly is it Pad Thai? Pad Thai, which accurately translates to Stir-Fried Noodles in Thai, is well-loved street food in Thailand. Its sauce is tangy, sweet, and savory, a burst of flavors in your mouth that is worth a try. One of the exciting things about this dish is when you start tossing the many colorful vegetables along with the spices, and the aromatic smell wafts through your kitchen.
With traveling restricted, you can easily experience Thailand from the comforts of your home!
Stir Fry Noodles
- Pad Thai noodles
- Boiling Water
- 2 tbsp. vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion or 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped (optional)
- 2 eggs, whisked with a pinch of salt
- 150 g chicken breast, thinly sliced or 6 oz. tofu or peeled prawns
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. sugar crystals or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 roasted peanuts
- 1 lime (for serving)
Read: How to Make Japchae
- In a large bowl, cook the noodles by soaking them in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water using coriander and rinse under cold water.
- Mix the sauce by whisking the fish sauce, sugar crystals or brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil on a skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and sauté until light brown.
- Add chicken/ tofu / peeled prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until mostly cooked.
- Push the vegetables and chicken to the side to create a well. Pour the eggs in the middle and scramble. Then mix everything.
- Add the noodles, bean sprouts, tofu, and sauce.
- Stir and toss lightly for 2 minutes or until the noodle is soft.
- Add the peanuts and toss for less than 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve with peanuts and lime.
For convenience, you can find quality ingredients at https://www.karmanfoods.com/ .
You can also have this noodle on the go! Whether you are in a hurry for work, a quick lunch, or when you just want a delicious snack, Annie Chun’s Pad Thai Noodle Bowl is the perfect way to enjoy this Asian dish at home or on the go. It’s easy enough to prepare and is ready in just 2 minutes!
Mavelle Aguilar is a home-based momma that loves to explore Asian food recipes. Her quick and easy recipes are very engaging and also provides background about the food, cuisine, and its culture. She lives in her country’s food basket, southern Philippines, which reinforces her love and joy for food.