Are you looking for an easy kebab recipe? Well, check out the ingredient and procedure on how to make kebabs.
Barbecue is one of the things I grew up with. My mom, popularly known as “Manang Soling,” used to sell grilled foods during my elementary to high school days. I will leave our house for school in the morning seeing that my mom is already skewering the animal internal parts and will arrive home with many people mobbing in front of our house waiting for their orders.
Despite some of my classmates used to tease me (I don’t know why), I never felt embarrassed. I even invited them to visit our house so they can try my mom’s barbecue because I know it’s delicious.
Maybe, my mom’s love for the grill is the reason why I also love grilling foods. I love experimenting with marinades. Later, I came up with a version of Kebab.
Ingredients for Barbecue
- 1 kilo of pork – chopped (barbecue size)
- 1 medium carrot – chopped
- One big red onion – chop into small squares
- 2 piece bell pepper – chop into squares
- Pineapple chunks in can
- 1 piece cucumber – chop into squares
Ingredients for Marinade
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 cup water
Ingredients for Sauce
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- Juice from 5 pieces of Calamansi
- The syrup from the can of pineapple chunks
- 5 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Make the Home Made Kebabs
- Combine all ingredients of the marinade and mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, mix well, and set aside.
- Soak the pork meat in the marinade and let it stand, the longer the better. I start to marinade the pork from 11 am to 5 pm.
- Skewer the meat and vegetables. Much better if you will follow this pattern: (1) cucumber (2) meat with fat (3) onion (4) meat (5) bell pepper (6) meat (7) carrot (8) meat; and (9) pineapple. Please check the notes why.
- Grill the barbecues while brushing it with the sauce. Keep the charcoal glowing, but make sure that the meat will not burn.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Your imagination is not limited to the vegetables listed in this recipe. Just go and experiment. You can even do veggie kebabs.
- Make sure that the easy pork kebabs are almost identical in size. This will cook evenly.
- Like Food Citations on Facebook here.