Crepe and Apple Sauce is easy to make. It’s basically combining the right amount of ingredients and cooking them.
When I was a kid, right before I start schooling, my father used to bring me whenever he’s out for our jeepney business. However, I’m not a good travel buddy because most of the times I’m sleeping.
Though I used to enjoy the trips, for me, the best moments of the adventures are foods.
I and my foodie father used to stop in this place that features long lines of stalls. Even I can’t remember the exact location, the images are sharp and crispy, and one food made an impact on me.
I used to call this “balat ng lumpia na may matamis na sauce.” In high school, it turned out it is crepe drenched with syrup. More years passed, I found out that it’s easy to make.
Here is my version of Crepe with Apple Sauce:
Ingredients for the Crepe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Ingredients for the Apple Sauce:
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cubbed
- 140 ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered cinnamon
Make the Apple Sauce:
- In a pan, put all the ingredients.
- Then, put in medium heat and let it boil until thick.
- Set aside.
Make the Crepe:
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Then, mix well.
- Sift the mixture and put in a bowl.
- Create a volcano and add the remaining ingredients. Then, mix well.
- Scoop the batter then pour it on a non-stick pan.
- Cover and cook for about 2 minutes under low heat.
- In a plate, lay the crepe.
- Put the apple sauce.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.