Deep-Fried Apple Pie Recipe is hard. It requires patience, body strength, time, and effort. But, the result is satisfying.
We all have these tiny, sweet-toothed kids living inside us. They will, from time-to-time, pull the cords demanding for sugary treats.
Me, one of the children inside me, is more demanding. It wants me to create sugary treats from scratch. However, when satisfied, it released the most number of happy hormones.
One of the most fulfilling is the Deep-Fried Apple Pie Recipe.
Ingredients for the fillings:
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flour
Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoon crushed graham crackers
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Make the Fillings
- In a pan, add all the ingredients except the apples and water. Let it boil.
- When the mixture foamed-up add the water and apples.
- Remove from the heat when the sauce thickens.
- Set aside.
Make the Crust:
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well until they form into a dough.
- Make sure that there are no more lumps and you have distributed all the ingredients.
- Using a rolling pin, make a skin-like crust.
- Cut the dough into 4 by 5 inches (recommended), or any desired rectangular shape.
Make the Apple Pie:
- For 4 by 5 inches cut of dough add 1-2 spoon of fillings and add little sauce. Put the fillings in the center of the dough.
- Fold the dough in half to cover the sauce and seal the dough using your thumb.
- Deep fry the pies for 3 minutes over a medium fire or until golden brown and serve while hot.
- Serve the deep-fried hand pies.
- When flattening the dough, make sure there are no holes.
- You can also bake them if you don’t like oil.