Fried Chicken With Honey And Calamansi Sauce
Are you looking for Fried Chicken with Honey sauce recipe? Well, check out the ingredients and procedure to make honey fried chicken.
Fried chicken is considered a universal meal — the juicy and flavorful meat is irresistible while the crispy skin is everyone’s guilty pleasure. People from around the world can relate to the craving craze for it.
Read: Sweet and Spicy Chicken Recipe
For me, the best way to fry chicken is the fast food way — breaded and deep-fried to perfection. Plus, that creamy and awesome gravy. Deep-fried wings that are coated with spicy sauce are a different story.
Well, this post is dedicated to fried chicken. However, instead of gravy, this features a sweet and sour sauce made from honey and calamansi.
Ingredients for Fried Chicken
- 1 kilo chicken – chopped and cleaned. They should also be pat-dried
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for Honey and Calamansi Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice for 5 calamansi
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- ground pepper
Let’s Make the Sauce
- In a pan, put all the ingredients together and cook under low heat.
- Stop boiling when the sauce reduced.
- Set Aside.
Let’s Cook the Honey Fried Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Make the batter. You can do this by mixing about 1/2 cup of water to two tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Mix the batter to the chicken. Then, mix well.
- One by one, roll the chicken to the cornstarch.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drizzle with the honey and calamansi sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When you season the chicken, make it a little saltier.
- You can also use the batter for chicken strips.
- You don’t have to cover the chicken with the batter completely. The half cup in the recipe should be enough. Otherwise, you’ll end up with thick and hard coating.
- This fried chicken with honey and calamansi sauce is best served immediately.
Pingback: Delicious Recipes Made Using Soy Sauce And Chili Sauce - Food Citations