Do you want to make sweet and spicy chicken? Well, check out the recipe here.
I’m one of those who eat chicken until the last muscle. Sometimes, I even breakdown the bones so I can sip the marrow. Well, I’m not alone. Many of us are suck for chicken, especially when they are coated with a great sauce.
Speaking of chicken with sauce. I want it sweet and spicy.
This Sweet and Spicy Chicken is a dish cooked with the use of an electric griller. We can consider this one as not the dump-and-cook dish because this requires flipping and turning because this will be cooked with the marinade.
What is the Recommended Griller?
The recommended electric griller for this recipe is the round one that doesn’t have the spout to eliminate the excess oil or juice. We need to cook the chicken with the marinade.
If you don’t have a griller without the spout, it’s ok. You can just gradually add the marinade so it won’t spill out and create disaster.
- 1 kilo chicken – clean and remove the fat parts
- 1 cup tomato catsup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium red onion – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- Half of a Thai pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- ground pepper
Make the Herb Juice
- In a pan, put the 1 cup water, onion, ginger, garlic, half of the Thai pepper, and salt to taste.
- Boil until the onion and garlic become transparent.
- Strain and let it cool.
Cook the Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Turn the electric griller into the lowest heat.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the herb juice, tomato catsup, soy sauce, sugar, and ground pepper. Then, mix well.
- Turn into the highest heat and let the mixture and chicken mix together.
- Turn off the heat when the marinade coats the chicken well.
- Serve and enjoy.
Read: Another Roasted Chicken
- You can cut the chicken based on your preferences. When I opt to cook it, I ask the butcher to cut it adobo way.
- It’s much better if you’ll follow the procedure with the herb juice. The tiny bits of herbs might burn as you cook the chicken.
- You much flip the pieces chicken gradually so you can cook them evenly.
- This sweet and spicy chicken is best paired with hot rice and a glass of ice-cold cola.