Are you looking for a pasta dish? Well, here is the recipe for Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom pasta.
Mushrooms are one of the most fascinating and mesmerizing creations, ever! Why did I say so? Because they are actually fungi. I can’t imagine munching on something we use to think can make us sick. However, the edible ones are actually hard to resist.
What’s great is that this is a flexible ingredient. My mother loves using this in different dishes such as pinakbet where she uses oyster mushroom and Chop Suey using shiitake.
One time, we had an overwhelming amount of shiitake mushroom in our kitchen after a friend of my mother sold them at a very bargain price. So, I used this in a pasta dish along with the chicken.
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom – chopped
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast – chopped
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 knob ginger – chopped
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 piece laurel leaves
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup of water
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add chicken breast and let it simmer for a while.
- Add soy sauce, calamansi juice, and water. Boil until the sauce thickens.
- Turn into a low fire and add shiitake mushroom. Then, let it simmer for a minute.
- Add the laurel leaves, ground pepper, and ginger. Boil for a minute.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can substitute 1/2 cup calamansi to one medium lemon or lime.
- If you want a thicker sauce, you dilute a teaspoon of flour in the cup of water.
- This chicken and shiitake mushroom pasta are best eaten with your family. Of course, with ice-cold cola.