Are you looking for an easy pork menudo recipe? Well, check out the ingredients and procedure here so you can easily make Pork Menudo.
Pinoy dishes that feature tomato sauce should be made with long thread and perspiration. Otherwise, you will end up with a not-so palatable meal.
Pork menudo, for example, features small slices of pork meat and vegetables that, as much as possible, should be symmetrical to one another. If not, the whole dish doesn’t look good. The tomato sauce should also bind up the flavors together and must be thick.
This pork menudo recipe will require you some patience. However, it’s super worthy!
- 3/4 kilo pork – chopped (separate the meat to the fat part)
- 1 medium potato – peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and chopped
- a small can of green peas
- 1 large bell pepper – seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Read: Caldereta Recipe
- In a pan, boil the meat until tender (season with salt and pepper). Set aside.
- Sangkutsa the fat part. You can do this by boiling the fat in water until it runs out and let the fat fry in its own oil. Remove the bits of chicharron.
- Using the oil of the fat, saute garlic and onions.
- Add the meat, including the stock.
- Put the tomato sauce and boil until thick.
- Add the chopped potato and let it simmer.
- Add the chopped carrot and let it simmer.
- Boil until the vegetables as cooked.
- Put the green peas and bell pepper. Then, simmer for a while.
- Top with the bits of chicharron.
- Serve and enjoy
- For the pork meat, belly is recommended. You can also use pork kasim.
- When you sangkutsa the fat part, you start with high fire. When the water runs out, turn the stove to the lowest.
- You can also use a pressure cooker if you want to achieve that super tender meat.
- When cooking this dish, don’t over mix.
- It’s best served with hot rice and spicy fish sauce on the side.