Looking for a simple dessert using broiler, chocolates, and eggs? Well, here is broiler-baked choco pie recipe.
Chocolate: a healthy yet fattening food that most of us can’t resist. The bitter kicks and aromatic flavor makes it super in demand and one proof of it is the left and right dessert section in malls and other public establishments. They mostly cater chocolate.
Though not the best, Brownies Unlimited showcases the meaning of desserts. It catered chocolatey flavors and melts-in-your mouth consistency.
I tried to achieve that consistency and after several tries, I made it. However, I didn’t put flour and to bake it, I used a broiler.
Here is broiler-baked choco pie recipe:
- 4 large eggs – separate the yolk from the white
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- To melt the chocolate top a pan with boiling water using a heatproof bowl and add the chocolates on the bowl. Add the butter and wait for the chocolate to melt and set aside.
- In a bowl put the cream of tartar and egg white. Then, beat using an electric beater until fluffy (egg mousse).
- In another bowl, add egg yolk, sugar, cream, and condensed milk. Then, mix well (milk mixture).
- Add the chocolate in the milk mixture and mix well (chocolate mixture).
- Combine egg mousse and chocolate mixture together and stir well.
- Put in a greased pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes in 150 degrees.
- Cooldown and serve.
- I didn’t intend it but the skin on top formed. It’s crispy and based on my standards, it’s delicious.
- If you don’t have an electric mixer, beating the egg whites manually will do. It’ll just take time.
- This broiler-baked choco pie is best with fresh milk.