Are you looking for ways on how to cook chicken curry? You are lucky because this post lists the ingredient and procedure for chicken curry.
Aside from fame and power, conquerors like Ferdinand Magellan and Amerigo Vespucci traveled the world in search of spices and food. They bartered with locals in every territory and brought the products in their native lands.
Cacao seeds, cinnamon, and curry powder are among the spices the circulated worldwide during the colonial period.
Well, thanks to them, because without them our food is bland.
This expedition didn’t just discover, it also influenced. It influenced tradition, habits, culture and most especially, cuisines.
Chicken curry is a dish that was influenced by the Indians to the world. According to Wikipedia, the Indians shared the recipe with the American who then shared it with the Filipinos.
Read: Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1-kilo chicken – cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pieces medium potato – peeled and chopped
- 2 pieces carrots – peeled and chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper – seeds removed and chopped
- 1 bundle of Spring onion – bottom removed and chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger – chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the ginger and a few pieces of the bell pepper. Let it simmer.
- Add the chicken and let it fry for a minute.
- Put the coconut milk and a cup of water. Let it boil for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Add another cup of water and let it boil until the soup thickens.
- Put carrot, the remaining pieces of bell pepper and potato. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the spring onion, seasonings, salt and pepper. Let it boil for a minute and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can adjust the curry powder, coconut milk, and salt based on your preferences.
- This chicken curry recipe is best eaten immediately.