Are you looking for ways to cook pork pops? Well, check out this pork pops with red sauce recipe.
One thing’s for sure, pork pops are amazing. The crunchy coating adds a delightful chewing experience to every bite while the moist and soft meat is flavorful and nice.
You may eat them with rice or as a snack, be with it.
The good news is they are easy to make. It only requires a minimal amount of knife skills and a little patience in coating and frying.
Read: Chicken Pops Recipe
For Pork Pops
- 1/2 kilo pork meat
- 1 cup flour (for breading)
- Ground pepper
- Oil for frying
For Red Sauce
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- ground pepper
Make the Pork Pops
- Remove the skin of the pork and slice them.
- Season with salt and pepper. Then, set aside so the meat will absorb the seasonings.
- Coat the meat with flour one by one and put them on a plate. Let them rest until the breading becomes wet.
- Make a second coating. You can now put all the pork meat in the bowl of flour and shake to distribute the coating evenly.
- Drop the meat in the hot oil under a high fire one by one.
- Fry for until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil.
- Let the meat rest.
Make the Red Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and mix well.
- Let it boil while stirring.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from the fire.
- Serve with the pork pops.
- Slice the pork no longer than half an inch.
- Fry the breaded pork bits no longer than two minutes or you might dry the meat out.
- You can also use the ladle to mix while frying.
- Serve the pork pops with special red sauce immediately. Otherwise, the meat will moist and you’ll end up with soggy breading.