Are you looking for ways on how to make siomai? Well, check out the ingredients and procedure in making these cool treats.
Siomai or dumplings have captured the tastebuds of Filipinos throughout the years. We simply can’ t resist the chewy and flavorful meat products that are well-enhanced by the special soy-mansi.
We owe a lot to the inventor of siomai.
This post features siomai recipe. However, please don’t expect that this will be quite easy to do. In fact, it’s time-consuming.
- 1 kilo of ground pork – washed and drained very well
- 100 pieces of molo wrapper (2 packs)
- 1 medium carrot – shred using a cheese shredder and chop finely
- 1 medium potato – shred using a cheese shredder and chop finely
- a bundle of onion spring – finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 2 medium red onions – finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 spoon group pepper
- 2 spoon salt
- 1 spoon oil
- seasonings (optional)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic – finely minced
- Juice from 8 pieces calamansi
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Chilies (optional)
- Form the ground pork into a volcano and add all the vegetables and mix well.
- Add eggs, salt, flour, oil and seasonings. Then, mix well.
- Wrap a 3/4 spoon of meat mixture using the molo wrapper. Fold all the sides.
- When done with all the meat, steam for 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
- In a pan with oil over a very low fire, roast the garlic well. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add the garlic and serve with Siomai.
- From the shredding of the vegetables up the last piece of siomai, it will take you almost 2 hours. So, I suggest you ask for help. Fortunately for me, I have my nieces.
- The procedure itself requires patience. So, prepare yourself from backaches and finger stiffing while making it. It is recommended that you start making siomai more than 3 hours earlier than your actual meal.
- A kilo of pork can make more than 80 pieces of Siomai and sometimes more than a hundred if you will lessen the amount of meat in a wrapper. And, even more, if you will add more pieces of carrots and potato.
- It is also a very good business.