Are you looking for an easy sarciadong dalag recipe? You are lucky, here are the ingredients and procedure in cooking sarciadong dalag.
Panglilimas: a traditional way to catch fish. According to my cousins the process starts with piling rocks in a deeper part of the shallow rivers, spring, brooks, or lakes forming a circle with small opening. Then, They will shoo away the fish to the hole cornering it. Then, they will immediately close it. Manually, they will remove the water to make it shallow, making it easier to catch the fish.
Villa Balinmanok – The Hidden Treasure of Pangasinan
My cousin said they can catch using the process are dalag and catfish that they will cook using an improvised grill along the bank. However, for me, the best way to cook it is sarciado.
Here is sarciadong dalag recipe:
- 1 kilo of dalag – cleaned and chopped sideways
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 cups of water
- 1 piece of siling panigang
- 3 pieces medium tomatoes – chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the dalag. Then, set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic and onion.
- Add the ginger and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and add little water. Let it boil.
- When you see that the skins of tomatoes are already peeling off, add the dalag and gently mix.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Add the siling pangang and boil for a few minutes.
- Put salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy
- If you still found your dish “Stinky,” add more ginger and put laurel leaves.
- The amount of salt and pepper is based on your preferences.
- This sarciadong dalag recipe is best consumed right after cooking when the dalag is still firm and not dry.