Are you looking for Nilagang Baboy recipe? Well, this post lists the ingredients and procedure in cooking this pork stew.
In cold seasons, the chilling breeze, heavy traffic, and tiresome will always make us want to come home. It will also be very delightful if a steaming hot soup is waiting for us?
It’s comforting, relaxing, destressing, and can keep us warm in this cold weather… It is Nilagang Baboy.
What is Nilagang Baboy?
Pork stew is the English term for Nilagang Baboy. It’s simply boiling the pork along with vegetables and seasonings. This is a favorite dish of the Filipinos since it’s best paired with rice.
In this recipe, pork kasim is used. This is located at the shoulder where there is a substantial amount of fat. This part is actually perfect for cooking.
- 1 kilo pork (kasim) – sliced
- 1 bundle pechay Baguio – remove the base
- 15 pieces Baguio beans – remove the strings and cut in half
- 3 medium potato – peeled and chopped in desired sizes
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 medium onions – chopped
- 6 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Make Nilagang Baboy
- In a deep casserole put water and pork. Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion. Then, boil for about five minutes.
- Add potato and boil for another three minutes.
- Put the string beans and boil for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pechay Baguio and boil for about 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy
- You can substitute the pechay Baguio to ordinary pechay or ordinary cabbage.
- You can also add corn, sweet potatoes, plantain banana and green onions.