This easy sinigang recipe is a gift to modern parents who both work to make ends meet. This is also good for stay-at-home parents who need to do chores while cooking.
For this dish, sour plant products such as tamarind, calamansi, and kamias are used. However, preparing them will take some time and effort, which is inconvenient for busy mommies and daddies. Thankfully, packed products are available. Just add them to the dish and you are good to go.
This post is about an easy sinigang recipe featuring a pack of sinigang mix from Knorr.
- 1/2 kilo pork – slice
- 1 bundle string beans – slice based on your desired size
- 1 bundle kangkong – slice
- 4 pieces tomatoes – slice
- 1 medium onion – chop
- 4 cloves garlic – mince
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang Mix with Gabi
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 5 cups of water.
- Add the pork, cover the pan, and let it boil until the meat tenderizes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, and onion. Then, let it boil until the tomato skin peels off.
- Put the Knorr Sinigang Mix and let it boil.
- Add salt and pepper. Mix to distribute the flavor.
- Add the string beans and let boil until cooked.
- Put the kangkong, turn heat to low, and cover. Wait for a couple of minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can also add okra, eggplant, and radish. To make the soup thicker, you can add taro.
- When preparing the string beans, you must first remove the bottom. It’s hard and unedible.
- When adding the salt, make sure it’s a little bland. The soup will reduce as you cook the vegetables.
- This easy sinigang recipe is perfect for professional moms and dads who use to go home late and need to prepare food for their families. This is also good for parents who used to stay at home and need to do other things while cooking.
- This is also best with hot rice and a saucer of fish sauce.