Though it’s a bit scary, making pancakes from scratch is better than buying those pre-made ones. It can save you time, effort, money, and your preferences come first. If you want it a bit bland, you can lessen the sugar and if you want it less airy, you can add a little baking powder.
Lastly, it’s more satisfying to make. You can never be more proud once you served the pancakes you made to your children.
Read further to see how you make pancakes from scratch.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 150 ml (1 can) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- a teaspoon of salt
- 1 medium egg
- syrup or honey
- In a bowl put the flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then, mix well.
- Form a well and add the evaporated milk, vegetable oil, and egg. Mix thoroughly. Eliminate many lumps as possible.
- Lightly drizzle a pan with vegetable oil and let it heat up over a low fire.
- Add a ladle-full of the batter. Then, cover the pan. wait until the pancake forms bubbles.
- Flip and cover the pan.
- Repeat the step 4 to 5 until finished.
- Drizzle with syrup or honey.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you want a smoother batter, you sift the flour first.
- This recipe is for milkier and less airy pancakes. You make add lesser milk if you want fluffier pancakes.
- To eliminate many lumps as possible, you must use a whisker.
- The waiting time for the pancake to form bubbles is about 1 and a half minutes. It should be over a low fire to prevent the delicate pancakes from burning.
- You may use butter instead of vegetable oil.
- These pancakes from scratch is best with hot coffee or chocolate.
Check the video on how to make pancake from scratch: