Spicy Ginataang Papaya Recipe
Are you looking for ways for cook papaya? Look no more because this post lists the ingredients and procedure in making spicy ginataang papaya.
Papaya is an exotic plant that can only be found in countries with tropical climates, which also includes the Philippines.
In fact, the fruit is everywhere not just because many farms grow it but also because many locals grow it. The size, hardiness, pest susceptibility, and easy adaptation to any soil make this a perfect backyard plant.
The ripe fruit is sweet and fleshy, making it a favorite snack. Filipinos use the green ones in many dishes. They are also best when you pair them with coconut milk.
Read: Ginataang Hipon at Papaya Recipe
Here is Spicy Ginataang Papaya recipe:
For this recipe, we’ll use two pieces of medium green papaya and an overwhelming amount of coconut milk. Well also use green chilies for the spicy kicks and to add more flavor we’ll use chicken breast.
Here are the complete ingredients:
- 1 kilo chicken breast – chopped
- 2 medium green papaya – peeled and chopped (refer to the picture)
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 5 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 2 bundles malunggay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 knob ginger – peeled and chopped
- 2 medium green chilies – chopped
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add chicken and let it simmer.
- Add coconut milk, ginger and let it boil for about two minutes.
- Put papaya and a cup of water and bring it into boil for about 15 minutes or when the chicken and papaya are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add malunggay and boil for 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can use whatever meat you want. You can use pork, beef, and even shellfishes.
- The green chilies are based on your preferences.
- Spicy Ginataang papaya is best eaten with hot rice and fish sauce.
Pingback: Ginataang Langka Recipe - Food Citations