Are you looking for easy lumpiang togue recipe? Well, this post lists the ingredients and procedure in making sprout spring rolls!
Lumpiang togue or bean sprout rolls are one of the cheap thrills during my college years. It’s one of those foods that I and my buddies use to munch because we lack money.
During those times, my meal starts with the lumpiang togue first, which will be drizzled with a combination of sweet and spicy sauce and vinegar. After I finished, my bowl will result in a messy sauce mixed with lots of sprout. Then, I will refill it with tokneneng or kwek kwek and while I’m munching, I will sip the sauce, including the sprout to combine all the flavors making an explosive chewing experience… Damn! I miss my college life.
Read: Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Even up to this day, the bursting flavor that is enhanced by vinegar or a special sauce is still my favorite. This will definitely one of the foods that will never be out of my system.
Hey, we can lumpiang togue and it’s super easy!
From the name itself, we’ll use togue or monggo sprout. It’s cheap and delicious. Since this is homemade, we’ll also add ground pork to add more flavor in every bite.
Here is the Complete List of Ingredients for Lumpiang Togue Recipe:
- 1 kilo mongo sprout – clean and must be drained well
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and julienned
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 30 pieces lumpia wrapper
- 5 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 2 medium onion – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
Prepare the Mongo Sprout (Fillings):
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add water and ground pork. Boil for about 5 minutes while stirring to loosen up the ground meat.
- When you hear a frying sound that means that the water evaporated. Remove the pork from the pan.
- Use the oil from the ground pork to saute the carrots.
- Add mongo sprout and continuously mix until they are a little roasted.
- Add salt and pepper. Then, mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down.
Let’s Wrap it Up!
- Lay a lumpia wrapper and put your desired amount of fillings.
- Fold both sides and roll.
- Seal the sides with water.
- Repeat until finished.
- Deep fry.
- Serve with vinegar or special sauce.
- Enjoy with your loved ones.
- You can make a sticky sauce by combining 2 tablespoon flour, 1 medium onion, 2 cloves cracked garlic, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and a cup of water. Boil the ingredient until thick then strain.