Do you want to make lumpiang shanghai? Well, check out the ingredients and procedure for making pork shanghai.
They said if a fast-food chain is serving it, then it must be popular. Well, true enough! Many fast food establishments in the Philippines sell lumpiang shanghai, which is a great indication that Filipinos crave for it.
The crispy skin and flavor-bursting meat inside make lumpiang shanghai a food to die for. However, it’s not usually served every day because making it is painstaking. Unlike other dishes, the process is meticulous and it will require tons of patience.
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 large potato – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 2 medium red onion – finely chopped
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- Lumpia wrappers
- salt and pepper to taste
Read: Lumpiang Togue Recipe
Step 1: Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Step 2: Add 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture on the wrapper. Then, fold the two sides and roll. Seal it with water.
Step 3: Deep fry until crispy.
Step 4: Serve and enjoy.
Check Out This Video
- To check if the seasonings are ok, you can sear a teaspoon of the meat mixture. Adjust based on your preferences. If it’s too salty and you don’t have remaining ground pork, you can adjust it with more vegetables. Never add flour.
- Deep frying over a high fire will do the trick. It will only take you 2-3 minutes to cook the batch of shanghai.
- The best thing about pork shanghai is that a kilo can make more than a hundred pieces of shanghai. So, it’s also good as a business.