Are you looking for the best beef shanghai recipe? Well, check out the ingredients and procedure below.
When you hold a party and invited some friends, make sure that you’ll have lumpiang Shanghai to make their experience worthwhile. Just make sure you won’t thrift the ingredients, otherwise they’ll talk about the party — negatively.
The most popular lumpiang is made from ground pork. However, we can use any ground meat. Well, this post will show a recipe for beef shanghai.
- 1-kilo ground beef
- A piece of egg
- 1 large carrot – peel and chop finely
- 1 large potato – peel and chop finely
- 2 medium red onion – peel and chop finely
- 5 cloves garlic – peel and mince
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- lumpia wrapper
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients except for the water, oil, and lumpia wrapper. Mix well.
- Lay a piece of lumpia wrapper on a plate. Then, put the meat mixture at the bottom and fold both sides. Roll until you reach the end part. Seal with water.
- Repeat step 2 until done.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy
- If you don’t have a food processor to finely chop the carrot and potato, you may use a cheese grater.
- Before wrapping, you can fry a small amount so you can adjust. If it’s too salty and you ran out of ground beef, you may add vegetables.
- You can also add grated squash, turnip, radish, malunggay leaves, and many more. This can help you trick the kids to eat vegetables.
- You can split a wrapper in two so you can keep some in the freezer.
- This beef lumpiang shanghai is best served immediately.