Lengua de Gato is a tasty snack that is highly addicting. Surprisingly, this is easy to make.
I first tasted Lengua De Gato way back my high school days and since then, I can’t help but chow down these treats. These creamy, crunchy but melts in your mouth delights are just irresistible for me.
Read: How to Make Pilipit?
What surprised me is that it’s actually very easy to make. The ingredients are just flour, butter, sugar, and eggs, plus some more ingredients. I was also surprised that despite the noticeable creaminess there’s no milk added.
- 1 cup and 3 spoon flour – sifted
- 1/2 cup white sugar – sifted
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup butter – softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter. Wait until the butter becomes very fine.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1 spoon at a time. When sugar and butter already mixed, add the egg whites.
- Add the whole egg and wait until the mixture becomes fine.
- Gradually add flour to achieve without lumps mixture.
- Add salt, and vanilla extracts.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag.
- Use a wax paper cover cookie sheet and pipe the mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes over 350 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For this recipe, turbo is used. If you don’t have one, preheat the oven for 375 degrees and bake the mixture for 20 minutes or until the edges turn into golden brown.
- I also tried cooking this using a non-stick pan and actually succeeded in doing it.
- These yummy treats are best with hot choco or coffee. Kids also love them.