Lengua De Gato Recipe
Ringo | On 29, May 2012
I first tasted Lengua De Gato way back my high school days, since then, I can’t help but to look for these yummy treats. This creamy, crunchy but melts in your mouth delights is just irresistible for me.
What surprised me is that it’s actually very easy to make. The ingredients are just flour, butter, sugar and eggs, plus some more ingredients. I was also surprised that there is no milk added, but there was this distinct creaminess.
That’s why I add milk to the recipe to boost more creaminess.
- 1 cup and 3 spoon flour – sifted
- 1/2 cup white sugar – sifted
- 1 egg white
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup butter – softened
- 3 spoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1. Using an electric mixer cream the butter. Wait until the butter becomes very fine.
- 2. Gradually add sugar, about 1 spoon at a time.
- 3. When sugar and butter already mixed, add the egg whites.
- 4. Add the whole egg and wait until the mixture becomes fine.
- 5. Gradually add flour to achieve without lumps mixture.
- 6. Add milk, salt and vanilla extracts.
- 7. Put the mixture in a pipping bag.
- 8. Use a wax paper cover cookie sheet and pipe the mixture.
- 9. Bake for 10-12 minutes over 350 degrees.
- 10. Serve and enjoy.
Notes: I used a turbo broiler in cooking this one. If you don’t have turbo broiler, preheat the oven for 375 degrees and bake the mixtre for 20 minutes or until the edges turns into golden brown.
I also tried cooking this using a non-stick pan and actually successful in doing it.
These yummy treats are best with hot choco or coffee. Kids also love them.