Are you looking for simple ways on how to make banana chips at home? Well, you came to the right place.
Banana chips are awesome and addicting snacks that everyone can’t resist. The crunchy feel and sweet surprise are something we always look forward to.
Though making them sound complicated, they are actually easy to do.
What are Banana Chips?
A delicacy around the world, banana chips are crunchy snacks usually made from plantain bananas. They are fried slices of the fruit that are drizzled or dipped in syrup for additional flavor.
What are the Ingredients in Making Banana Chips?
Adult but unripe plantain bananas are the best in doing homemade banana chips. They are still firm and won’t disintegrate when you fry them.
Here is the complete list of the ingredients:
- 1 kilo plantain banana – choose those adult green
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- oil for frying
- Peel the plantain bananas and slice them vertically. For this, it’s much better if you’ll use a Mandoline Slicer.
- Sprinkle with salt, mix gently, and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Deep fry. Then, set aside.
- In another pan combine sugar, water, and a pinch of salt. Boil until thick.
- Drizzle the sauce into the fried banana slices and mix well.
- Set aside for a couple of more minutes until the sauce crystalizes.
- If you don’t have a Mandoline Slicer, you can use a knife. If so, you must slice the bananas horizontally.
- After you drizzle the sauce, you can use the pan to toss the chips so you can distribute the sweet coating evenly.