Ginisang patola is a simple yet sumptuous dish and it’s best when cooked the simplest way. Just saute it with no too many herbs and spices so it won’t overpower the natural sweetness and flavor of the vegetable.
This ginisang patola with chicken recipe is quite easy to do. Just make sure to buy the freshest patola you can find.
- 2 pieces medium patola – peeled and sliced
- 1/2 kilo chicken – chopped to your desired sizes
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium red onion – chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s Cook Ginisang Patola
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add ginger and tomatoes. Let it simmer for a few minutes or until the skin of the tomatoes peel off.
- Put the chicken and let it simmer.
- Add about a cup of water and let it boil until the chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the patola and let it simmer until cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Aside from chicken, you can also use pork.
- A cup of water is enough. However, you can adjust it based on your preference. It’s much better to add water where you are cooking the patola.
- Make it a little saltier before adding the patola because the vegetable will release water when cooked.
- This ginisang patola is simply delicious and best for this rainy season.