The creamy and delightful ube halaya is every people’s sweet indulgence. No one can resist this addicting snack.
The Good Shepherd Ube Jam, for example, has been filling the tummies of local and foreign tourists every time they visit the northern part of the Philippines. This is so goddamn popular, it can be considered as a household name.
Though this ube halaya recipe won’t mimic Good Shepherd’s, this is delicious and creamy as well.
- 1 kilo ube – peel and chop into cubes
- Condensed milk
- 250 ml all-purpose cream
- White sugar (optional)
- Boil the cubed ube until cooked. Strain and let it cool down.
- Using a food processor, blend the ube until smooth.
- Put the blended ube in a non-stick pan.
- Add condensed milk, all-purpose cream, and sugar. Turn the heat to medium.
- Cook while mixing until thick.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Make sure you’ll use a pair of disposable gloves when peeling and chopping the ube. It might cause irritation to your skin.
- This recipe sounds simple but it takes a lot of patience and muscle. So, be sure you are willing to give time and effort for this sumptuous dessert. Well, it’s worth it.
- The amount of condensed milk is enough to add sweetness to this dessert. However, for sweet-tooth people out there, we need to add about 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender. While blending the ube, you can add condensed milk or cream to make it easier.
- This is best when you use a non-stick pan. The chance of getting a burnt bottom is rare.
- Continuously mixing while cooking is paramount.
- You can also add butter, margarine, and vanilla extract for more flavor.
- This creamy and delightful ube halaya is so addicting, it might not last long.
Check out this video
Like us on Facebook: https://bit.ly/2UCgogv
Follow us on Instagram: https://bit.ly/3zo5b1J
Follow us on Twitter: https://bit.ly/3kKDGLW
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/3kJl6nj