Are you looking for ways to cook simple fried tofu? Well, check out the recipe below.
In this pandemic, we need to limit our times outside to at least help in stopping the spread of the dreaded virus. So, we need to stock our supplies and as much as possible avoid too much easy-to-spoil food.
In the past weeks, I experienced constipation because of eating too much meat and fewer vegetables. After consulting my dietician high school coach, he said I should go on a plant-based diet.
Read: Tofu Sisig Recipe
True enough, in just a week of no meat diet, my bowel movement eased. Now, I plan to do it more often because I also lost some pounds.
One simple yet delicious meatless dish is the fried tofu. It’s much better if drizzled with a special sauce and garnished with onion.
- 1 bar tofu – slice into small squares
- 1 medium red onion – sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice from 5 pieces calamansi
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Season the tofu with salt and deep fry until brown. Remove from the and let it rest on a strainer bowl and let the oil drip.
- Make the sauce — combine water, soy sauce, sugar, calamansi juice, ground pepper, flour and mix well.
- Boil over medium fire. Turn off the heat once the sauce thickens.
- In a plate, put the fried tofu. Top with the sliced onion, season with ground pepper and drizzle with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can either drizzle the sauce or have the sauce at the side.
- You can also add chopped spring onion for added kicks.
- If you want to make the sauce with spicy kicks, you can add a small part of Thai pepper.
- This simple fried tofu with special sauce is best eaten with an ice-cold beer.