Are you looking for a dish featuring Vigan Longganisa? Well, make it Vigan longganisa sisig. Read further to see the recipe.
Pardon me, but I’m not a fan of Vigan Longganisa because it’s too salty and I know many people will agree with me. Well, that also includes my family.
How do I say so? When we got our Vigan Longganiza, we only cooked about 10 pieces then left the remaining ones in the freezer. The pieces were there for a week. We consumed the cheap siomai faster.
Instead of throwing them out, I thought of a better idea — make Vigan Longganisa Sisig.
Here is the recipe:
- 10 pieces Vigan Longganisa – remove the string and separate the skin from the meat.
- 2 medium red onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- chilies (optional)
Read: Bangus and Pork Sisig
- Using a tablespoon of oil, fry the skin part of the longganisa until crispy. Set aside.
- Remove some of the oil.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the meat. Mix while cooking.
- Add water and let it boil until the meat produces oil.
- Put the mayonnaise, sugar, pepper, and mix well.
- Add the chilies.
- Top with egg and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- When you fry the skin, it will release oil. So, it’s much better to remove some after. Otherwise, you’ll end up with oily sisig.
- You can also add vegetables like carrots and potatoes.
- This Vigan Longganisa Sisig is best with hot rice.