Do you want to make a dish that you can keep inside the freezer? Well, here’s how to make a crunchy-skinned beef meatballs recipe.
From the name itself, crunchy-skinned beef meatballs feature a delicate and brittle lining made from flour and bread crumbs; and inside is juicy beef meat enhanced with vegetables and spices. It’s crunchy but moist and delicious inside.
For me, it’s insanely delicious! It’s also the best toppings for spaghetti.
The recipe for the beef fillings is almost identical to this beef shanghai. The only difference is the measurement. So, here’s the recipe:
- 1-kilo ground beef
- 2 piece of egg
- 1 large carrot – peel and chop finely
- 1 large potato – peel and chop finely
- 2 medium red onion – peel and chop finely
- 4 cloves garlic – peel and mince finely
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- In a bowl mix beef, eggs, grated carrot, grated potato, onions, garlic, spring onion, and 1/2 cup of flour. Then, mix well.
- Scoop about a tablespoon and roll it in the flour. Let it rest until the flour moists.
- Roll the balls in breadcrumbs until fully covered.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Based on experience, the meatballs will become tastier if you’ll set aside the meat mixture for a few hours before you turn it into balls. This will give the ingredients some time to release and combine their flavors.
- You can also add more vegetables like chopped cabbage, cilantro, turnip, and many more.
- The uncooked balls should be kept frozen. Otherwise, they will deform.
- This beef meatballs recipe is good for many days. Just keep the ball in the freezer and cook when you want to.