Who in the heck doesn’t love lumpiang shanghai? The crispy skin and the flavorful meat inside is something we can’t resist. That’s why this is always a favorite dish in birthday parties. The most common is pork, however, we can also make it using other meat like beef, fish, and chicken shanghai.
The Chicken Shanghai
This chicken shanghai recipe features ground chicken breast that is enhanced with herbs and vegetables such as potato, carrot, leaks, and many more. I also added malunggay leaves to pack it with nutrients.
- 1 kilo ground chicken breast
- 3 medium red onion – finely chopped
- 1 bulb garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and finely chopped
- a large potato – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bundle malunggay – chopped
- 1 bundle leaks – chopped
- a tablespoon of flour
- Lumpia wrapper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the bottom part of wrapper.
- Cover the mixture then fold the two side. Then, roll and wet the top part to seal.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is also good for pork, beef, and even fish.
- The size of the lumpia wrapper used in this recipe is medium.
- You can substitute turnip to the potato and spring onion to leak.
- Sear a small amount of the mixture to check if you need to adjust the salt. Incase it’s too salty and you don’t have remaining ground chicken, you can add some more vegetables.
- This chicken shanghai recipe is best with rice and hot sauce.