Do you love chocolate mousse but don’t want the egg? Well, here’s how to make egg-less chocolate mousse.
Mousse is sumptuous, delicious, and super addicting. However, the original recipe, which involves raw eggs, is hard to do and not for people who have allergic reactions to the poultry products.
Also, there are times that’s it’s not advisable to use raw eggs, especially when you are not sure where they came from. You might become a victim of salmonella poisoning.
That is the purpose of this blog post. This features a mousse recipe without eggs. It’s also simpler and easier to execute because the cream won’t easily lose its consistency once you added the chocolate. You can also put it in the freezer overnight and turn it into ice cream.
- 250 ml all-purpose cream (1 Nestle) – put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes
- 3 pieces of Goya Dark Chocolate
- Rock salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- One large bowl
- Medium bowl that fits in the large bowl
- Double boiler
- Electric mixer
How To Make Egg-Less Chocolate Mousse?
Step 1: Fill the large bowl with ice and rock salt. Then, mix it well. Put the smaller bowl inside and make sure the ice will touch the bottom and side of the smaller bowl.
Step 2: Fill the smaller bowl with the cream and let it rest there.
Step 3: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream until fluffy. While beating, gradually adding white sugar. Remove from the large bowl and let it rest.
Step 4: Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Then, add it to the cream and mix well.
Step 5: Let it chill and serve.
- You can actually beat the cream without ice. However, based on experience, the mousse is fluffier and airier when you beat eat cold.
- Beating the cream until fluffy will take about 15 minutes. It’s much better if you’ll beat it using a circular motion.
- A flexible spatula is the best tool to mix the cream and chocolate together.
- Letting it chill in the refrigerator will set the mousse.
- I also tried the recipe without the sugar. It more bitter and I enjoyed it as well. My nieces prefer the one with sugar.