Want to have simple side dish featuring potatoes? Well, check out this simple buttered potatoes recipe.
Potatoes are definitely the most popular vegetable. People of all ages love them. The mushy consistency and flavor make every chewing experience enjoyable.
I won’t lie — I am one of the suckers for potato chips and French fries. I can easily dig down an order of Tera Fries from Potato Corner and will even frown once I’m down to the last bite.
When I’m not in the mood for cooking French fries but want to feel that soft and creamy flavor of potatoes, I’ll just boil them and add some butter. I love to do this before work hours so I can have something to chow down while doing my job.
Here’s the simple buttered potatoes recipe:
- Two large potatoes – clean well and chop into your desired portions.
- 50 grams butter (half of a stick)
- Boil the potatoes until cook.
- Strain and let it in the strainer for one minute.
- Put in a bowl and add the butter. Let the heat of the potatoes melt the butter completely. Then, mix it well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For me, this recipe is best with the skin. If you don’t want the skin, it’s ok.
- If you also want the skin, clean the potatoes properly. You can do this by using a scouring pad and a small knife to remove the holes.
- Use a barbecue stick or fork to check if the potatoes are cooked.
- Aside from salt and pepper, you can also season it with dried basil, or dried oregano, or powdered cheese.
- These buttered potatoes are best served with a hot coffee.