Are you looking for a simple yet tasty soup dish? Well, try this simple meatballs soup recipe.
It’s already a month since the rain started pouring, and it brings colder days and nights. Since the Philippines is not used to cold, we need something to warm us up, ASAP. A bowl of soup can definitely help.
A hot tea, coffee, milk, or chocolate drink can give us a quick boost and they help a lot, especially when we were outside. At home, a soothing soup while sitting on your sofa while watching your favorite Netflix show is the best.
This simple meatballs soup recipe features tasty and thick consistency, which is quite good as a midnight snack in this cold ber months.
Ingredients for Simple Meatballs
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1 medium red onion – fine chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – finely minced
- Salt and ground pepper
Ingredients for the Soup
- 1 small carrot – diced
- 1 small potato – diced
- 3 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 small red onion – chopped
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 medium egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the Meatballs
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Roll one and sear it to taste. Adjust if needed.
- Roll into balls and set aside.
Read: Meatballs Recipe
Make the Simple Meatballs Soup
- Make flour and water mixture by diluting the flour in a cup of water. Set aside.
- Saute the garlic until roasted. Set aside some before adding the onion.
- Add the water and let it boil.
- Put the meatball one by one. Then, let it boil for about 3 minutes. This should be enough to cook the small meatballs.
- Add the diced carrot and potato. Let it boil.
- Put the flour and water mixture while stirring. Continue until the soup thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, beat the egg. Then, put it in the soup while stirring.
- Remove from the fire.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can other ingredients to the meatballs like cabbage, spring onions, moringa powder, and many more.
- You can also sear the meatballs before putting them in the soup.
- There are times that the amount of flour in this recipe might be too thick or too loose. When adjusting to add thickness, make sure you’ll dilute the flour in tap water. Never put the flour directly in the soup.
- This simple meatballs soup is best with toasted bread at the side.