The tuyo spaghetti is a great dish. Though it’s meticulous to make, it’s quite worthy.
I am a huge fan of home gardening. In fact, I used to like home gardening fan pages, watch Youtube videos, and read lots of e-books so I can get tips and techniques to grow my own food.
So far, I have successfully grown vegetables like tomatoes, swamp cabbage (kangkong), sweet potatoes, and many more.
I also have grown mulberry, strawberry, and my favorite, dragon fruit. If you don’t want to believe that I have dragon fruit, you can check the picture below.
I’m most successful in growing tomatoes. Just recently, I harvested some. Just like any home gardeners, my joy was overflowing and I can’t help but share. After showing my produce to my sister, she immediately thought of a great idea: she’ll cook tuyo spaghetti.
Read: How To Make Japchae?
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 kilo spaghetti
- 10 pieces ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 10 pieces tuyo
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspooon sugar
- One cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the Tuyo Flakes
- Fry the tuyo and let it cool.
- Separate the head, flesh, and bones.
- Refry until crispy. Then, set aside.
Make the Tomato Sauce
- In a pan, put cup water and put into a boil.
- Add all the tomatoes and boil until the skin peels off.
- Add sugar and put into a boil.
- Set aside.
Cook the Paste
- In a casserole, put at least 15 cups water.
- Add salt and oil. Then, put into a boil.
- Put the pasta and boil until cook.
- Drain well and set aside.
Make the Tuyo Spaghetti
- Using the oil utilized for frying the tuyo, saute garlic until golden brown before adding the onion.
- Add the tomato sauce and let simmer.
- Put the dried basil leaves and chili flakes then mix well.
- Add the spaghetti then mix well.
- Add the tuyo flakes. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.