Sarciadong dalag recipe
Ringo | On 25, Dec 2012
Panglilimas – This is one of the very traditional ways to catch fish. According to a friend of mine this starts with piling rocks in a deeper parts of the shallow rivers or lakes forming a circle with small opening. Then, They will shoo away the fish to the hole cornering it and will immediately close the opening. Manually, they will remove the water to make shallow making it easier to catch the fish.
According to the same friend mostly of the fish that they can catch using the process are dalag and catfish. To where they will cook them using a improvised grill along the river bank.
One of the way to cook dalag that my father thought me is Sarciado. At first, I never knew that we can cook it that way. But, he said that I should just follow him.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo of dalag – chopped side ways
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 2 cups water
- siling panigang
- 3 pieces medium tomato – chopped
- 1 spoon chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- salt and pepper
- Fry the dalag first and set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the ginger and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and add little water. Let it boil.
- When you see that the skins of tomatoes are already peeled off add the dalag and mix.
- Add water and let it boil.
- Add the siling pangang and boil for 7 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper based on your taste preferences.
If you still found your dish “Stinky” add more ginger and put laurel leaves.